Quality Assured Fasteners
Optimas delivers quality. Where the pressure of industry demands quick delivery, Optimas utilizes a myriad of integrated premium fastener suppliers to ensure that speed of supply never sacrifices quality. Optimas quality engineers are totally focused on providing proven fastener solutions that meet the demands of any given application, employing rigorous testing in independent laboratories to prove performance.
A global network means a global standard of quality, which is reflected in the market leading ISO certifications and parts per million (PPM) defect rates achieved by the business. Whether a standard or completely bespoke component, Optimas quality standards will be the common denominator.
Parts Per Million
Even with a fully integrated, high-volume fastener delivery system, component quality is a defining factor in smooth operations and the quality of the finished product. Optimas understands these pressures, which is why PPM defect rates are a primary concern.
Some Optimas customers have experienced a zero PPM defect rate, with Optimas efforts in this regard recognized throughout many industries as market leading. Best practices are standardized globally to ensure consistency, reliability and efficiency. A state-of-the-art approach supported by methods such as torque tension testing ensures the utmost quality levels, so that all fasteners match the quality levels that manufacturers require for seamless operation and a premium finished product. This is why Optimas has gained audit approval from all its major customers.
Optimas operates to the most rigorous fastener standards, which is illustrated by the wide range of registrations and certifications awarded to technical centres throughout the Optimas portfolio. These include ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO TS 16949, OHSAS 18001 and the latest VDA 6.2 standard. All recognized certifications are listed below, and are available for download:
- ISO-9001 Multi-Site
- ISO-9001 Bredbury
- ISO-9001 Bredbury IQNet
- ISO-9001 Germany
- ISO-9001 Germany IQNet
- ISO-14001 Multi-Site
- ISO-14001 EMEA Manufacturing
- ISO-TS-16949 North America Manufacturing
- IAFT-16949 EMEA Manufacturing
- OHSAS-18001 Multi-Site
- VDA 6.2 UK
- VDA 6.2 China
- VDA 6.2 Germany
- Achilles Automotive
This focus on providing ultimate fastener performance and a best-in-class PPM defect rate has built Optimas’ reputation as an industry leader, which is reflected in the numerous industry accolades and awards presented to the company.
Optimas Fastener Expertise
- Best-in-class parts-per-million (PPM) recognition
- State-of-the-art inspection, measuring and testing capabilities
- Industry-leading validation equipment
- Standardized best practices for consistency and efficiency
- Centralized PPAP function to drive processing efficiencies
- Supplier partner performance management strategies
- Audit approval by all major customers
- Compliant to RoHS, REACH and Conflict of Minerals
- TS 16949 and ISO 14001 certified manufacturer and sorter
- Our global management systems are certified to ISO 9001, six locations in Europe are certified to ISO 14001, three to OSHAS 18001 and our Germany and China locations are certified to VDA6.2.
- Our Tunnel Division is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001