Every day, leading companies in demanding markets—from heavy truck, automotive and agriculture to diesel engine and lawn/garden—need to develop and perfect products in less time at lower cost. Our engineering expertise makes it possible for our customers not just to compete, but win this battle.
Capabilities and highlights
- Product development, analysis, and testing
- Fastener specification review and recommendations
- Failure analysis and re-design recommendations
- Standardization, re-engineering and rationalization of existing products
- Part number consolidation and SKU reduction
- Fastener specification recommendations
- Dedicated Engineering Centers with torque/tension test capabilities
- Software-enabled visibility and total cost tracking
- Root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Continuous improvement focused on performance, quality and cost-savings
- Industry leading design and modeling capabilities
- Licensed products including Taptite®, High Torque®, Mathread®, and more
The Optimas engineering team is composed of degreed application, manufacturing and quality engineers, each with an average of 20 years experience in the fastener industry. The depth and breadth of our industry experience means we intimately understand customer pressures and expectations, allowing us to be proactive rather than reactive when you need it most.
Our application engineers are often embedded within a customer’s facilities, becoming extensions of their engineering department. This close relationship allows us to play an active role within product development and innovation activities taking place within assembly plants along the line—where quality and productivity matter most.
Our collaborative approach extends to our supplier partners as well. Engineers assess, certify and monitor supplier partners, ensuring supply chain development and scalability can meet and support shifting customer demands and expectations.
ITERATIVE DEVELOPMENT and testing
The best solution may not necessarily be an existing one. State-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the US and UK offer a wide range of services including prototype development and testing—integral steps along the road to any full-scale product launch.
We excel at the creation and sourcing of highly-engineered parts with big impact, balancing substantial year-over-year cost reductions without compromise to the end product. Our customers find that partnering with our engineers results in increased efficiencies, improved product integrity, and better overall conformance, meeting and often exceeding standard requirements.